Maintain Your Investment
- Do not place your furniture in direct sunlight and/or a damp area.
- Arrange your furniture so it is not placed in front of or over heating or air conditioning vents.
- Avoid placing furniture directly under windows.
- Be careful not to place rubber or plastic materials on your furniture. Certain rubber or plastics have ingredients that may react with and damage the finish.
- Occasionally rotate accessories so they do not remain in the same spot for extended periods.
- Avoid creating marks on your furniture by placing a piece of felt, cloth or leather under accessories.
- Lift objects from the top surface rather than dragging them across the finish when moving them.
- Use a protective pad when using your furniture as a writing surface.
React to Water and Other Spills Immediately
- Water left over a prolonged period of time will cause white spots in the finish.
- Alcohol, perfume, after-shave and medicines can cause severe damage to the finish.
Surface Cleaning and Care
- Dust frequently with a clean, dry, lint-free cloth.
- To remove accumulated dust or old furniture wax build-up, use a soft, lint free cloth which has been dampened in a solution of mild detergent and warm water. Dry thoroughly using a clean, lint-free cloth and then apply furniture polish, wiping it in the direction of the wood grain.
- We recommend that furniture be polished every six months.
- Palmetto Home recommends polishes that do NOT contain silicone or wax. Most furniture retailers, home improvement chains, home specialty stores, and some supermarkets offer these products.